Sunday, December 21, 2008

Apple Villa in Hoffman Estates

Apple Villa is one of those places that we would see and say, "We should try that some day."  We tried it this weekend and it lived up to our expectations.  

Located at 3101 N. Barrington Rd in Hoffman Estates, Apple Villa seems to be a local favorite for those in the Barrington, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg area. The atmosphere is so comfortable and the best I could describe it would be to say it is simply warm. The service is fabulous here. My fiance and I both ordered hot tea and our waitress told us to inform her when we needed more hot water or another tea bag. We did and she was so quick to get us more and make sure we were happy. When you order hot tea, you're given the choice between regular or flavored teas. Even if you lean towards regular tea, check out the flavored tea. They bring out a briefcase full of fun flavored tea bags!

Our food came out quickly and was absolutely delicious. I ordered the Vegetarian Skillet with scrambled eggs and jalapeno mozzarella. The skillet was full of fresh mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli on top of hashbrowns. I was really impressed with it. I suppose I'm used to diner skillets like IHOP or Denny's where it's pretty obvious the veggies are frozen. But the veggies were so fresh and flavorful at Apple Villa and were such a delight. My fiance ordered the South of the Border omelet and was equally impressed. It contained fresh onion, green pepper, tomato, jalapeno cheese and what seemed to be homemade salsa.  His omelet came with hashbrowns and both our meals came with the option of toast or pancakes. The portions here are huge. We ended up taking about half of our meals home and warming them up for today's breakfast. 

I definitely plan to become a regular at Apple Villa. I am so impressed with their breakfast selection (served all day) and even their sandwich selection looked delicious. I plan on trying The Duchess next time I am in, which is one of their specialties that involves some sort of pancake recipe with vegetables and havarti cheese. Sounds interesting to me! Also impressive is the fact they brew Kona coffee and squeeze their own orange juice. 

Of all the places I've reviewed thus far, I believe Apple Villa is the best yet. If you're out at Woodfield Mall or heading home from church through Barrington, seek this place out for breakfast anytime. The service, the fresh food, and the atmosphere make it an A+ in my book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Apple Villa! It's one of our favorite places to go for breakfast. I believe there is one in Batavia too.