Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Improv in the suburbs

I haven't actually been there yet, but I'm eying a weekend activity -- the Laugh Out Loud Improv Theater in Schaumburg. Located in the Streets of Woodfield shopping center, this looks like a fun way to spend an evening without hassling with Chicago traffic or Second City prices.

You see, my mom is planning to come this weekend (or possibly next, but that's a long story), and she seems to want to go out. Do something fun. She suggested a piano bar, of which there are a few around, but in my experience those can get rather ... bawdy and, depending on your mom, possibly not the sort of thing you want to sit through with a parent.

Improv on the other hand ... Laugh Out Loud promises a family-friendly show at 7:30 and a PG-13 variety at 9:30. Sounds right up the mom alley. Better yet, our phone book has coupons in it.

Has anyone who reads this been there? If so, please let me know your thoughts. I will of course report back if we end up going. :)

No comments: