Friday, November 7, 2008

Island Park is awesome

I'm getting a little nostalgic here. I lived in St Charles for the first year of my Chicagoland adventures, and it's such a fantastic area. I just love St Charles and Geneva, and I had a great time exploring them.

Now that it's getting all cold and icky out, what better to do than recommend one of my favorite Geneva outdoor places? Hey, it'll just make us long for spring more. :)

I discovered Island Park rather by accident, and completely kicked myself for not going there earlier. It has lovely walking/biking paths, gorgeous scenery and flora, a picnic pavilion, a smallish playground ... all the makings of a great park in such a great downtown. It's a little slice of calm by the river.

Well, here -- I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

From Geneva's Island Park


From Geneva's Island Park


From Geneva's Island Park


From Geneva's Island Park


From Geneva's Island Park


Mill Race Inn in the background there.

From Geneva's Island Park


Ahh... makes me long for summer all over again.

No comments: