Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Slacking in the Suburbs

I don't have much to report because we haven't been as active lately in going out and exploring. I mean, we had Popeye's for dinner last Friday. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not exactly local or original.

But. This weekend, my husband will be out of town and I am going to take the opportunity to meet with friends at a few points. So I may well have new places to write about.

One place I'm really looking forward to trying is the Freddo Cafe in Addison. The Freddo, in case you're wondering, is a cold coffee-based drink with whipped cream. I think. (The menu makes it sound like an iced double-shot latte with whipped cream.) The Cafe is a European-style cafe that advertises Greek coffee, paninis and pizza, pastries and ice cream. The pictures make it look cute, and we drive by it all the time, so I'd love to have a local hangout where I can go get a good cup of coffee.

There are also a few other area places I'd love to visit, and they're on my list:

# Mitsuwa Marketplace, Arlington Heights: This is a Japanese/Asian wonderland, from what I hear. Tons of imported groceries, health food, books, bakery, videos, and fresh sushi and ramen.

# Solace 601, Addison: This looks to be a cozy, Northern Italian/Southern French restaurant, suitable for a romantic dinner or special occasion. We passed it last weekend and were intrigued.

# Schweppe Inc., Lombard: A restaurant supply wholesaler that is also open to the public. I watch and love Alton Brown, and he recommends restaurant supply stores as fantastic places to find quality kitchen equipment at good prices.

I know there are plenty of other places I'm curious about, but I think that's a good list for now. I'll report back over the weekend if I go anywhere interesting!

No comments: