Saturday, February 7, 2009

Freddo Cafe, Addison - A touch of Europe in the 'burbs

I can't quite tell what part of Europe the Freddo Cafe, at 1250 W. Lake St. in Addison, is supposed to represent. But it's definitely European. With rich wood, a flat-panel TV showing European football matches, paninis, Greek coffee, espresso and more, this is a cute and quality choice for a coffee break in Addison.

The cafe has about eight tables and a comfy leather couch with a table. It's not big, but it doesn't feel cramped. The menu includes the typical assortment of lattes, cappuccino, espresso macchiato and iced drinks. They also have frozen blended drinks (you know, frappes) that are called Freddoccinos. Cute, huh? My friend and I each had one, and they were tasty, thick with a nice coffee flavor and not too sweet.

And, although my friend and I didn't try them, they also have paninis, thin-crust pizza, pastries and ice cream.

The staff was very friendly and kept checking on us, offering napkins and water. It's a great option for a snack, a great cup of coffee or a light meal. I'm sure to be back.

No comments: