Monday, July 14, 2008

rocking a new suburb

Well, Saturday we moved. It was a stressful day, but now that it's all said and done I am sitting in our new awesome apartment. And while we didn't get to look around much the past two days, we're planning to explore more in the coming weeks. Any recommendations for places to go in Wood Dale, Addison, Itasca, Bloomingdale, Elk Grove Village and the like are more than welcome.

I for one am looking forward to checking out the Art Gallery Kafe, which appears to have espresso drinks and Polish food. An interesting combination -- turns out Wood Dale (a town of a mere 13,000) is 20% Polish. There's also a farmer's market in Addison that looks promising.

And I'm sure we'll find more. I love exploring new towns. And while few towns have grabbed me the way St Charles and Geneva did, this area looks pretty promising.

No comments: