Monday, July 28, 2008

Not really slacking

I was gone last weekend for a wedding, so forgive me for my lack of posts. We've got some awesome things in mind for this coming weekend. And we're still scoping out cool places to try.

One neat thing we've discovered -- the Salt Creek Greenway. It's a long bike/hiking/nature trail, and it cuts through Wood Dale about a block from us. Better yet, there's a bridge that crosses Irving Park Road into the Target/Jewel shopping center, meaning I *can* still walk to a Jewel -- something all of my Illinois apartments have had in common :)

It's a simple but nicely paved trail, with some greenery and rest areas along the way. The sort of funny thing is that it's right underneath the power lines, at least here, so you can hear the humming as you walk.

No comments: