Monday, February 15, 2010

How sweet it is - Uncle Harry's, Addison

I've been a bad blogger. I know. In my defense, my co-bloggers have fallen off the face of the earth as well. But still. I hope to start posting more regularly again soon. :)

In the meantime... it was a sunny, cold Valentine's Day. We had a special dinner out Friday, so no need to cram in with 150 other people in a cramped restaurant. But I was getting a little stir-crazy and my sweet tooth was on in a major way. So we decided to go out for ice cream.

There are a lot of options in our area, but most of them are nothing special - Dairy Queen, Baskin Robbins, etc. And then there's Uncle Harry's. Relocated in the last year to the Green Meadow Shopping Center (48 W. Lake Street, Addison), it's a cozy shop with 4 or 5 tables and hand-written chalkboard signs everywhere. They feature about 30 flavors of luscious ice cream for your perusal, plus shakes, baked goods, hot chocolate, and an extensive coffee/espresso menu if you just want some caffeine. They even make their own waffle cones - the scent is wonderful and my husband's cone was still warm. I enjoyed a hot fudge sundae made with Turtle Temptation ice cream. Creamy, sweet, fudgy and divine.

I try not to indulge in such decadence too often, so when I do, I want it to be worth it-- and Uncle Harry's is definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sorry! I'm broke, so, no money-spending for me for a while.